Scooch - for sure


I used the Epilog to cut 3/8" acrylic.  I tested a bunch of different thicknesses of acrylic (according to what we had lying around), and widths of the edge of the design.  I can't say I ever felt completely content with my experiment, but I did manage to achieve the end goal of making an effective cookie cutter.

Below are some images of cutting other shapes I was practicing with.  Teeny tiny cutters, perfect for the top crust of a Pie-in-a-Jar !

To get a more accurate idea of what supplies I would need, I applied the layout I'd created to the actual garments.

I chose a black jumpsuit (which had to be significantly modified*) , black carpenter kneepads, a helmet with face cage which I covered in black stretch fabric, large headphones, and gloves to act as the base of the costume. 

With the help of my trusty assistant, I was able to put the base garments on a body and mark out a second rough draft of where the wires would go.  After doing this to each piece of the costume, I was able to call my supplier back and let him know exactly what I would need.

He was able to work with his team to put together a package of el wire cut to the lengths I needed and attached to the connectors for the battery packs, saving me the precious time it would take to learn how to customize them myself (which I later learned with the help of this diagram ) .  


*modifications included sewing the front of the suit closed, sewing the collar closed in a standing position, adding a full length zipper to the back, adding spats to cover the shoes, and attaching the kneepads


Scooch - For SureScooch - For SureScooch - For SureScooch - For Sure

cbf-fund.info



fc.cbf-fund.info